Thursday 23 July 2015

DISCOVER EBONYI


I get embarrassed each time I tell someone that I am an Ebonyian and he or she says..."You don't look like 'them' ", just after he is done giving me that look that you give people who have shit all over them but don't smell like it...just yet. When they say that to you, its not a complement; its an insult. Kindly ask them what 'THEY' look like and you will be amazed at how you are perceived as an Ebonyian. Ebonyians are uncivilized, unpolished , bla bla bla. And they give you that look and say...."but you are TUSH, unlike 'THEM' ". And I ask, "What da heck is TUSH?" He looks down on me and realises that an EBONYIAN is not supposed to be polished enough to know what 'TUSH' means. You are an Ebonyian after-all, and a fruit never falls far from it's tree. They make you feel inferior for being an EBONYIAN simply because you don't have the vaguest idea who you really are. If you think that there is nothing to pride oneself about being an Ebonyian, think again. Discover Ebonyi . Discover Ebonyi at 
www.facebook.com/DiscoverEbonyi

No comments:

Post a Comment